Wednesday, June 2, 2010

Tomorrow...

Is my last day working for Starbucks. I'm quite sad about leaving my team as there's still work to do and will miss a lot of things about my job, but really super excited for the new adventure that awaits me at New Seasons and am hopeful that it will bring more challenges, more support, and more time outside of work to pursue my life's bigger passions. 


Right now it's two fifteen a.m. and I'm laying awake in the dark listening to the rain because I can't sleep (but am feeling grossly uninspired to write anything of real significance or length here). I think my inability to sleep is due to the fact that I have SO much to get done between now and Friday like deleting over 1900 emails from my work inbox (seriously... I know this is bad), obtaining a copy of my birth certificate for my new job which starts Friday, finishing writing and mailing off what seems like ten thousand thank you cards to everyone I ever worked with at Starbucks... oh, and I have happy hour tomorrow with my peers and a party Friday night with my partners to toast my departure. My friend told everyone that there will be a white sequined unitard and an interpretive dance routine on my part at one of these festivities; a lady's really got her work cut out for her! Yep, it's a rough life I'm leading this week. I figure the next six days I better have a good time before the real work begins!


I saw a documentary about my former minister (www.rawfaith.com, check it out!) last Friday night and my favorite line from the movie was given to her by her spiritual advisor, a former Catholic priest and it went something like this; "If you want to listen to what God most desires for you, listen to your own deepest longings." What a lovely line, a lovely thought indeed. I have spent the better part of the last year (those few hours I wasn't at work !), trying to do exactly this, to honor the voice and the divinity that resides within... so much so that I had it tattooed on my body as a reminder. In any event, as sad as I am in many ways to be leaving Starbucks, as much as it makes me feel like a little bit of a quitter, like I'm leaving something that hasn't been fully accomplished yet, there has been something else calling to me for awhile now. I believe my new job will allow me more time and energy to follow this calling, this longing, and continue my search for the place the divine Providence has named for me with a newfound depth and dedication. For myself and for you too as you embark on new adventures and face new challenges, may it be so.


Namaste.

1 comment:

Auntie Em said...

I am so awed by your honesty and humility Dar;in'. May your new job bring you all the challenge, growth and joy you can handle. -- Em