Saturday, March 21, 2009

Silk


Oh
can i tell you
how
i unreeled that day
like silk from a loom?
The fabric of me
wound so tight
that alas
i flung out over you loose and free
wrap yourself in me
i begged,
come home here come deep inside
and let me
drench you
with my lvoe.
And wasn't it pure beauty
how the world disappeared
around us
melting everything
but those delicate bow lips
and your warm honey skin?
And did you notice
as i wove
colorful ribbons of silk around you

in shades
the world has never seen?
The deepest of purples
most dandilion of yellows
and grassiest of spring greens,
shades
only ever detectible
to a lover's eye.
And
shhh
i have to tell you
how i relished
that
only you saw
when finally and at last
i flew.
Oh
how i fear
the moment
my silk spins to wool
my colors to gray
and i can't be in this world
any longer with you.

No comments: